For full function (remote access, logging, rules, etc) you run AutomationManager as a hub/server on a dedicated device (android is best, but a PC, rPi, mac, etc, will work). Suitable android server devices are < $10 from walmart, bestbuy, etc - use a no-contract phone, no need to activate it. This allows you to control your devices remotely & securely from a web browser as well, handy for iPhone users.
Features (that have been requested on this board) no available via Kasa
- Remote access, Google Home, and Alexa integration without going through the TP Link cloud
- Direct discovery and control through Echo/Dot
- IFTTT integration
- Extended rules including sunrise/sunset offsets (and proper DST and other time zone calculations), event triggers, flags, timers, etc
- Separate randomization types for inner and outer perimiter lights to make your home look occupied
- Support for LB130 including cycling through available colors
- Customizable groups and group widgets - for single touch rooms, floors, etc, and simple voice commands
- Create your own custom control panel for your home arranged how you want it using device, group, and event widgets
- Integration of TP Link and Belkin Wemo IoT devices and others
- Permanent execution and use logs on Google Drive
- Remote access via your own cloud (hosted on Google Drive) with your own web page (control from any browser)
Find out more about AutomationManager here: https://sites.google.com/site/mppsuite/faq/wemomanager.
Originally written for the Belkin WeMo family it's been extended to support TP Link switches and bulbs, and for custom devices based on the ESP8266 chip.
It is a paid app, think of it as an extension to Kasa for more advanced automation for the TP Link devices for the cost of buying me a beer. And if for some reason you don't consider it worth buying me a beer I offer a full refund .
Copyright © 1996-2017 TP-LINK Technologies Co., Ltd. All rights reserved.