View Full Version : WR941ND Intenet Connection Loss

chipdale53
01-15-2013, 00:48
Region : UnitedStates

Model : TL-WR941ND

Hardware Version : V3

Firmware Version : 3.13.9 Build 120201 Rel.54965n

ISP : TDS

Currently I am using 2 WA5210Gs and a WR941ND to send my wireless connection from one home to another. The original home utilizes a TDS DSL modem/router combo. Everything works great, but then generally withing 24 hours I will randomly drop my internet connection in the second home, but the network is still up and running strong. The modem is not the problem, because I am able to grab a faint signal from the WA5210G AP connected to the modem and access the internet, and the client WA5210G AP is running at full signal. If I power down the router and restart it, the problem is fixed, but happens again within 24 hours. Originally I changed the IP on the WR941 thinking it was an IP conflict with the modem/router, but the problem occurred again. I also tried switching to unicast DHCP, but the problem still persisted. I looked for a firmware update, but couldn't find a newer version. Please advise any ideas.

joyce
01-15-2013, 06:51
Just need to figure out the internet is cut on which part:
DSL modem---router----WA5210G(access point mode?) (wirelessly)---WA5210G (repeater mode or client mode?)
with the connection, there is no problem?
DSL modem---WA5210G ----WA5210G
when you drop the internet in the second house, the internet by the WR941ND is working fine?

chipdale53
01-17-2013, 14:52
Just need to figure out the internet is cut on which part:
DSL modem---router----WA5210G(access point mode? YES) (wirelessly)---WA5210G (repeater mode or client mode? CLIENT MODE)
with the connection, there is no problem? Correct
DSL modem---WA5210G ----WA5210G
when you drop the internet in the second house, the internet by the WR941ND is working fine? No

The internet is dropped by the WR941ND all other devices in the chain have connectivity to the ISP. The wireless network established by the WR941ND is active at full strength, but does not have the ability to connect to the outside world. Power cycling regains connectivity, but rebooting my router daily to regain the connection is not what I want to do ;)

jimasek
01-17-2013, 18:11
What is your DHCP configuration in WR941ND? Please complete gateway and DNS servers, after that configuration click SAVE and REBOOT your router.

chipdale53
01-18-2013, 01:47
What is your DHCP configuration in WR941ND? Please complete gateway and DNS servers, after that configuration click SAVE and REBOOT your router.

Great idea! I hadn't set the dhcp settings since there are two separate LANs. I'll let you know in 24/48 hrs if its still up.

chipdale53
01-21-2013, 13:28
Thanks jimasek. The problem appears to have been the auto- DHCP settings were not able to gain the information they needed because of the 2 separate LANs. While I had put it in at the beginning the separate menu for the DCHP also needed set. After inputing the info it was up all weekend without needing reset! Knock on wood, this might be fixed.